Monday, January 1, 2007

we're going to the chapel.

i hate talking about relationships in general, it wears me out but it seems that's going to be today's theme. i spent new years' with two of my closest friends. i can't wait till they get married. they love each other but not only that, they are grounded in reality. if there was ever to be a relationship that would succeed, it's them. they talked to me about marriage (no sleeping on the futon until then...) and kids (recessive genes, eye color...) and it just seemed so natural. they are totally the antithesis of all our friends that are of a particular (and strongly southern) mentality who have graduated from college and immediately got married. it's a nice change of pace.

today i found out that my friend's boyfriend bought an engagement ring. i didn't know how i was supposed to react because this is the complete opposite of grounded in reality. i love her, they are a great couple, i wish them luck. they'll be fine but i've been down this road --- i want them to avoid any unnecessary problems.

then there's me. well i won't be getting married any time soon, it seems. i would like this relationship to be that kind of serious but i don't think it can. and i'm okay with that if that ends up being the case. i've always been the big mama cat lady, anyway. plus, i had my little marriage fling and it was fun while it lasted. that was enough to last me a while --- i've finally got the taste out of my mouth.

No comments: